Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA - June 4, 2018 - GL Communications Inc. a global leader in telecom test and measurement solutions, announced today its enhanced SIP Protocol Emulator referred to as MAPS™ SIP Protocol Emulator that help the user to generate and receive SIP.
Speaking to the press, Mr. Vijay Kulkarni CEO of the GL Communications Inc said, “NG9-1-1 networks based on NENA i3 standards define the network transformation route to receive and respond NG9-1-1 emergency requests via multiple media sources such as SMS, Video, Email, and/or Instant Messaging (IM)”.
He further added, “Major wireless carriers have committed to providing Text-to-911 services to end users. In addition to these services that are primarily dependent on carriers, there are many OTT (Over the Top) Instant Messaging apps which connect users with the NG9-1-1 system directly.”
Mr. Kulkarni further explained “To consider a series of messages, as exchanged in a private chat between SIP end-points, as a part of a single session, the messages are transported over a session-oriented instant message transport protocol called the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP). If the message to be delivered is very large, it can be split into chunks and each chunk is delivered in a separate SEND request.”
GL’s enhanced MAPS™ SIP with MSRP support for Instant Messaging allows SIP vendors, wireless carriers, NG9-1-1 service providers, and emergency communications centers to test IP applications for satisfactory working of NG9-1-1 services prior to deployment.
Important Features of MAPS™ SIP
- Supports UDP, TCP, and TLS transport types
- High-Density version capable of high call intensity (hundreds of calls/sec) and high volume of sustained calls (tens of thousands of simultaneous calls/platform)
- MAPS™ CLI interface based on a client-server model allows users to control all features of MAPS™ through APIs (TCL, Python, VBScript, and Java Client)
- Supports almost all industry standard codec types - G.711 (mu-Law and A-Law), G.722, G.729, G.726, GSM, AMR, EVRC, SMV, iLBC, SPEEX, EVS, OPUS, and more (*AMR and EVRC variants require additional licenses)
- User-defined voice quality statistics for received RTP Traffic can be calculated and updated periodically during run-time to a CSV file
- Supports 64-bit RTP core to enhance performance - handles increased call rate of up to 3000 calls with high volume traffic
- Supports both RTP G.711 Pass Through Fax Simulation and T.38 Fax Simulation over UDPTL
- Bulk Video Call Generation supported with H.264 and H.263 video codecs
About GL Communications Inc.,
GL Communications Inc, is a global provider of test and measurement solutions and has over the years worked with major telecom equipment vendors, service providers, and system integrators to meet the testing requirements arising at various stages of telecom products development life cycle.
GL offers a broad set of test solutions that help perform all types of testing on networks, from initial system design, to fine-tuning, troubleshooting, live deployment, and monitoring. The products are widely used to verify and ensure 'quality and reliability' of Wireless (4G LTE, 3G, 2G), SONET/SDH, IP, TDM, and PSTN networks.
GL core product development is backed by a strong team of R&D experts to match evolving market and technical challenges in a most cost-effective and innovative way.